General Discussion - Business of Hypnosis
 Where do -your- clients come from?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  03:30:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

This topic is for both the established hypnotherapist, and the dabbling hypnotist. My question is just as in the subject line, who are your clients. Do you have more women, men? More older or younger. Have you had success catering to specific age groups, specific types of people? What sorts of advertisements do you find bring in the most clients? Do you prefer certain types of clients over others, why? I'll start, I have had more men at this time, mostly older, for stop smoking and anxiety issues. I dont really cater to specific age groups but wonder if I should. I usually advertise in the newspaper, because a small business manual mentioned that people with more money tend to read the paper, and I figured that since my therapy is somewhat of an expensive luxury, it would make sense to go for those people, but I basically still see a mishmash of clients of all socioeconomic status. I actually prefer clients that will need sometype of analysis/regression, to me this is more of a challenge as we have to search for the problem, as opposed to the basic stop smoking session, where they see me and that's it. -Fokren

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  03:30:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

In my first year of full-time practice in a reasonably affluent suburb of London, my clientele has been about 70% female. Furthermore, women have proved to be more reliable, more punctual and more conscientious about homework and other tasks.

This represents quite a wide range of issues: smoking, eating disorders, social phobias, "mid-life crisis", redundancy et al.

Advertising has been almost a total waste of money. Yellow Pages produce about 1 enquiry per month - and I have 3 advertisements under different headings! My Website is simply an expensive hobby. The majority of my enquiries have come from leaflets distributed through health food shops or other complementary therapists, or by word of mouth.

Good Luck

Leo
Go to Top of Page

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  03:30:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Word of mouth mostly. I haven't bothered with Yellow Pages this year at all. Just booked a lady for chronic fatigue. Our dentist was here this afternoon to prepare for the birth of her 2nd child. As I'm in a provincial city I get a wide spectrum of people & problems. Range includes - habits - anxiety - stress - pain - bad memories - motivation - weight - self image - confidence - fear - phobias ..
Go to Top of Page

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  03:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I've found that my clients are mostly women & I advertise to the 25-55 age group. The only kind of advertising that really works is endorsement. The results are great. There are specific techniques for handling this in an ethical way that avoids legal issues & gets top end results. There is a seminar being taught in Las Vegas on Aug. 24-27 called the Ultimate Practice Building Workshop that teaches all of this in detail. It's taught by Dr. Scott McFall & Dr. Will Horton. Will teaches the neuro-linguistic end of things & Scott the practice management. I've trained with both & they are a powerful duo. It's a weekend filled with solid information that you can take home & put in the bank. If you are really serious about finding where your clients are & increasing your practice this seminar will do it. I've been to it once before & I'm going again. They will also be offering the same seminar in Chicago & Florida later this year. For more information you can call 701-250-9290. I sure hope you do. You'll be glad you did.(I sound like an ad don't I? :-)
Go to Top of Page

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  03:32:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Hello! I live in Minnesota so I see many women with weight mgmt. concerns (long winters!) and women with self esteem issues. Most are in the 30-40 yr. old range. I found that yellow pages and ads in the newspaper generally do not work. Waste of money. I do run a small business card ad in the professional section of my paper. As far as ads go, this has produced the best return. My best response came each time one of our local papers ran an article on me and it does not cost a penny! I also agree that flyers and most of all word of mouth works. In the beginning of my practice, I visited as many of the offices of local (within a 30 mile radius) doctors, chiropractors, dentists, massage therapists, acupuncturists, etc., introduced myself and left flyers and cards. I get many referrals from chiropractors and massage therapists. I sent my flyer (with a business card) to other professionals outside the 30 mile radius to announce my opening. What it boils down to 2 yrs. later is if you are good at what you do, people will hear about it!
Good Luck!! Mindmjik
Go to Top of Page

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  03:32:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

When I began practise some thirty five years ago, I helped a few friends, and they sent others to me. To this day, (and I'm retired now) I have not found it nescessary to advertise when I can get all the clients I need via word of mouth advertising by those I helped.
On the other hand, if I wanted to increase my clientel today, I would offer my services free of charge as a speaker for groups who were fundraising. This way I would get exposure, while at the same time help some good causes. Of course, it all depends on how good you really are, and how well you know the subject of Hypnosis, because you will surely be stumped during question period if you're not up to snuff, and that can be very embarrasing (G) TerryE.
Go to Top of Page

mike michaels

122 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  1:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Faith can move a mountain
And often it does
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HypnosisOnline.NETwork © 2000-05 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

What the mind can conceive... the body can achieve.

HypnosisOnline.com a division of TeleComputers Services

Link List

© 2007 HypnosisOnline.com  All rights reserved.       Design & Hosting by TeleSites.net - Set your sites here!

Keywords: hypnosis online hypnotherapy referral listing database forum blog book store CD CD-ROM Audio Programs tapes MP3 instant download weblog networking book of scripts hypnosis scripts therapist scripts school training guild associations therapist weight loss books glossary hypnotist psychotherapy nlp trance huna links papers mesmerize relaxation suggestion meditation sleep hypnosis FAQs affirmations visualization self help meditate trace mesmerism network classifieds hypnotism hypnoblog message board Background Music sponsor advertise hypnosites

Copyright TELEsites.net © 2007