General Discussion - Business of Hypnosis
 Help me locate back ground music.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  10:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I am in need of soothing back ground music ( you know the music I mean- nondescript). I need this music for the tapes I make for my clients. It is much better than just my voice, although I have an excellent voice.

Please email me at:

somno@excite.com

Please, just serious responses. I feel I'm sticking my neck out by announcing my email.

Thank you for your help.

SOMNO

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  10:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

You can obtain music from www.hypno-quip.co.uk

Regards David

Go to Top of Page

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  10:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

We are currently selling several CDs at www.HypnosisOnline.com

We have added the items to our bookstore in the music section. There are some WAV samples from it there as well. The price includes the royalty fee for unlimited use in the background of any tape or CD you make.

Hope this helps,

HypnoDoc

Go to Top of Page

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  10:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Somno,

Go to: http://www.hypnosistoday.com

I have just ordered (but not rec'd yet) tapes for my sessions, they are royalty-free. About $35.00 each 30 min. tape. But royalty free. They are hard to find, eh?

I have not had much luck so far and looked diligently for months. I would like to know if you find other. I am looking too.

Deej

Go to Top of Page

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  10:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I do not recommend any music. There are more tastes in music
than there are people. Some people just can't stand some kinds of
music, no matter how careful your selection is. It COULD be very
distracting. It would be better to use lots of flowery language and
carry their minds so far away that music would only interfere.

Go to Top of Page

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  10:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I don't think you need any "hypnosis" per say music to induce trance. First off there really isn't any, and secondly it's a matter of personal preference. I like music by Enya, environmental sounds, soft jazz, Enigma is cool, especially Enigma I, Windham piano, tubular bells, harp music and most any music for meditation. Hopes this helps.

Darlene

Go to Top of Page

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  10:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I use the sound of running water for this. A small ornamental fountain that you plug in (Franks Nursery and Crafts). Using this to focus the conscious mind on works especially well in using a sensory "overload" type of induction. About two to three minutes in I instruct the client to pick out the melody of the water and then the rythym etc.

Jim

Go to Top of Page

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  10:39:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Somno

Reporting back ... I did receive the tape I ordered from HypnosisToday. I ordered the one called Crowning Glory. It is wonderful but too short. You may want to do what I did and double up on a longer tape for sessions over 30 minutes.

The music is really wonderful and very non-obtrusive. It is my opinion that music designed specifically for the hypnosis experience by someone knowledgable of the waves we are striving to create, is an enhancement to the whole experience.

Yes, there are as many tastes in music as people. The objective here is to make the music nondescript and not very melodic, so that it is not a style that the client notices or has an opinion of. Melodic music is and will be a distraction. As music is a background compliment to your wonderful hypnotic voice only, and they are not actively listening as they are drifting, they SENSE the music, and are therefore not analyzing it.

I personally use what I want in live sessions. I always use music. Never have I had an objection or a concern from a client. But since you can't send them home (well, legally) with a reinforcement tape with copyrighted music, this music is a great option. I'm glad there are those out there creating it for those of us with a need for it.

Go to Top of Page

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  10:40:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Why not do some field work & collect some natural sounds yourself.. surf, waterfalls, running streams/rivers, rain on the roof, children playing .. in the distance, the wind in the trees, birds & animals. ...then you can say, " every sound is another opportunity to let go & sink deeper and deeper into the chair."...

Go to Top of Page

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  10:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Try a program called Wind Chimes. You can get it from www.syntrillium.com

You need a computer with a soundcard. There are some really relaxing settings.

Go to Top of Page

ForumMaster

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  10:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit ForumMaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

quote:
Why not do some field work & collect some natural sounds yourself.. surf, waterfalls, running streams/rivers, rain on the roof, children playing .. in the distance, the wind in the trees, birds & animals. ...then you can say, " every sound is another opportunity to let go & sink deeper and deeper into the chair."...

Lindsay,

I like it. Although time consuming, I am going to record ocean surf (only 3 hrs away). A tax deductable trip?

I have a mixer and am mixing these sounds with the musical sound. You can bearly hear the music but not subliminal. Thank's for the response.

Somno

Go to Top of Page

mike michaels

122 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  7:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NEW AGE MUSIC---England
Very good
Best Wishes
Mike
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HypnosisOnline.NETwork © 2000-05 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

What the mind can conceive... the body can achieve.

HypnosisOnline.com a division of TeleComputers Services

Link List

© 2007 HypnosisOnline.com  All rights reserved.       Design & Hosting by TeleSites.net - Set your sites here!

Keywords: hypnosis online hypnotherapy referral listing database forum blog book store CD CD-ROM Audio Programs tapes MP3 instant download weblog networking book of scripts hypnosis scripts therapist scripts school training guild associations therapist weight loss books glossary hypnotist psychotherapy nlp trance huna links papers mesmerize relaxation suggestion meditation sleep hypnosis FAQs affirmations visualization self help meditate trace mesmerism network classifieds hypnotism hypnoblog message board Background Music sponsor advertise hypnosites

Copyright TELEsites.net © 2007